The Linear Collider Board (LCB) is responsible for the oversight of Linear Collider activities and of the Linear Collider experimental program. The PAC provides advice to the LCB on all technical aspects of the Linear Collider accelerator and detector activities.
Currently, the government of Japan is studying whether to host the International Linear Collider in Japan. The Linear Collider Collaboration (LCC), under the LCB, is providing input to this process.
The LCB specifically requests comments from the PAC on the following issues:
1. Assess the level of resources needed to keep the project viable until a Japanese government decision is made.
2. Given the finite resources currently available, are the LCC’s priorities appropriate?
3. Are the conventional facilities design and other site specific issues for the Japanese preferred site progressing satisfactorily?
4. Are there adequate test facilities available to answer outstanding technical questions?
5. Is the planning for the detectors proceeding satisfactorily to produce viable designs?
6. Is there an appropriate amount of synergy between CLIC and ILC activities?
7. Comment on the technical viability of the various proposed ILC running scenarios.
8. Does the PAC have any comments on LCC’s proposed ILC governance plan?
In addition, the LCB would welcome any comments that the PAC has on any of the topics presented.